At Lowdham CofE Primary School, we understand the obvious importance of children coming to school. It is highly unlikely that we would close unless there were very strong reasons for doing so. The main aspect we always consider is the health, safety and welfare of the staff and pupils.
If we do close, it could be due to adverse weather conditions, a government decision or something else.
We will, of course, keep the parents informed every step of the way.
Summer term delay letter
Why did God allow...
Another children's guide to Coronavirus
Click the PDF for a useful and child-friendly book about Coronavirus
This message came from Rachel Channer who is the school specialist nurse. If you need to reach out and contact any of these numbers, they are here for you.
These services will continue to run at present –
CHAT HEALTH :07507329952 (text)
PARENTLINE : 07520619919 (text)
Advice Line – 0115 8834661/63
Please also find other means of online support that you could pass on to Parents –
• Nottinghamshire Concerning Behaviour Pathway (available online)
• ChildLine 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk
• Kooth - www.kooth.com - this is an on line counselling service
• HealthforTeens -www.healthforteens.co.uk - this is an NHS site supporting teens around health needs and emotional wellbeing.
• HealthforKids – www.healthforkids.co.uk - this is an NHS site supporting children around health needs and emotional wellbeing.
• Newark Bereavement Centre 01636 551739
• Your own GP
• Emergency Dept. at your local hospital if in crisis.
• CASY Counselling (see website)
• CAHMS Crisis team
Wellbeing documents for parents
LATEST UPDATE 20-03-20
New guidance for households with symptoms
Yesterday, the Government introduced new guidance on whole household isolation in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak:
The symptoms are:
The full stay at home guidance for households with these symptoms can be found here:
The Prime Minister’s statement from Monday 16 March can be found here:
One of the possible reasons for closure is the current threat of COVID-19/Coronoavirus.
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
- Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Notices/Reminders - FROM NEWSLETTER 3.24 SENT FRIDAY 13-03-20
As you are all aware, there is a lot of information and misinformation regarding Coronavirus and school closures. We are in constant communication with Nottinghamshire’s HR department, legal team and health & safety. We are also, most importantly, following guidance from the government and Public Health England.
We cannot close the school without advice and instruction from the government or the local authority unless we have positive test results from within our school community—even then, we will be following the guidance.
Please make sure you are reading this and following the health care plans that the government are giving. If we do have to close, we will, of course, let you know and we have a very clear action plan for if that instance occurs.
For all the current guidance on COVID-19, please check the PHE guidelines.